Statement of Registration Of Registered Agent (Virginia)
This is registered agent's resignation in Virginia. The form provided here is simply a sample of what the actual Form SCC636 looks like.
STATEMENT OF RESIGNATION OF REGISTERED AGENT
__________________________________ (Name of registered agent)
hereby resigns his/her/its agency appointment as the registered agent for
_________________________________ (Name of corporation)
The registered office of the corporation is hereby discontinued
[___] (MARK THIS BOX IF APPLICABLE).
The above-named registered agent hereby certifies that a copy of this statement has been mailed to the principal office of the corporation by certified mail.
(Signature of individual registered agent)
(Name of professional corporation registered agent)
By: _____________________________________________________________ (Signature)
____________________________________________ (Printed name and corporate title)
FOR SCC USE
Date filed: _______________________
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT THIS FORM
1. If the registered agent is a professional corporation, the statement must be executed in the name of the corporation by the chairman or any vice-chairman of the board of directors, the president or any vice-president, the treasurer, the secretary or any assistant secretary.
2. The law requires that the information supplied by the filing party, except the signature, be typewritten or printed in black.
3. Send the application to the Clerk of the State Corporation Commission, P. O. Box 1197, Richmond, VA 23218-1197. (Street Address: 1300 East Main Street, Richmond, VA 23219). (804) 371-9733.
1. The agency appointment will be terminated, and the registered office discontinued if so provided, on the 31st day after the date on which the statement is filed with the Commission. See Sections 13.1-636, 13.1-765, 13.1-835 or 13.1-927 of the Code of Virginia.
2. If the corporation fails to appoint a new registered agent, the registered agent filing this statement may continue to be served with process, notice, etc. with respect to the corporation. See Sections 13.1-637.B, 13.1-766.B, 13.1-836.B or 13.1-928.B of the Code of Virginia.
NOTICE TO THE CORPORATION
The law requires each domestic and foreign corporation doing business in Virginia to continuously maintain in this Commonwealth a registered office and a registered agent. The corporation can establish a new registered office and/or a new registered agent by filing with the Commission a form SCC635/834 (Statement of Change of Registered Office/Registered Agent). This form can be obtained from the Clerk of the Commission at (804)371-9733. If the corporation fails to promptly establish a new registered office/registered agent, it may ultimately have its corporate existence terminated or its certificate of authority to do business in Virginia revoked.