Nonprofit Corporation Articles of Dissolution (South Carolina)
These are articles of dissolution of a nonprofit corporation in South Carolina. The form provided here is simply a sample of what the actual Form NP 304 looks like.
STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA
SECRETARY OF STATE
ARTICLES OF DISSOLUTION
TYPE OR PRINT CLEARLY IN BLACK INK
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 33-31-1404 of the 1976 South Carolina Code of Law, as amended, the undersigned corporation submits the following Articles of Dissolution:
1. The name of the corporation is:
Date incorporated: _________________________________________
2. The dissolution was authorized on
3. Choose one of the following by marking the appropriate box.
[___] The resolution authorizing the dissolution was duly adopted by the members pursuant to Section 33-31-1402 of the 1976 South Carolina Code of Laws, as amended.
[___] The resolution authorizing the dissolution was duly adopted by a majority of the Board of Directors, as approval by the members was not required (Section 33-31-1402(b) of the 1976 South Carolina Code of Laws, as amended.)
[___] The resolution authorizing the dissolution was duly adopted by a majority of the incorporators pursuant to Section 33-31-1401 of the 1976 South Carolina Code of Laws, as amended.
4. If approval by the members was required, please provide the following information pursuant to Section 33-31-1404(a) (5) (i) and (ii) of the 1976 South Carolina Code of Laws, as amended.
(a) Designation (Classes of membership):
(b) Number of memberships outstanding:
(c) Number of votes entitled to be cast by each class entitled to vote separately on dissolution:
(d) Number of votes entitled to be cast by each class indisputably voting on dissolution:
(e) Complete one of the following as appropriate:
(i) Total number of votes cast for and against dissolution by each class entitled to vote separately:
(ii) Total number of undisputed votes cast for dissolution by each class which was sufficient for approval for that class:
5. If approval by third person(s) other than the members, directors, or incorporators was required, such approval was obtained.
6. If a public benefit or religious corporation, notice to the Attorney General, required by Section 33-31-1403 of the 1976 South Carolina Code of Laws as amended, has been given.
7. If the document is not to be effective upon filing by the Secretary of State, the delayed effective date/time is:
[NOTE: A delayed effective date shall not be later than the 90th day after the date this document is filed by the Secretary of State.]
Name of Corporation
Type or Print Name
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING IN THIS FORM
1. Two copies of this form, the original and either a duplicate original or a conformed copy, must be filed.
2. If space on this form is not sufficient, please attach additional sheets containing a reference to the appropriate paragraph in this form, or prepare this using a computer disk, which will allow for expansion of space on the form.
3. This form must be accompanied by the filing fee of $10.00, payable to the Secretary of State.
Return to: Secretary of State
PO Box 11350
Columbia SC 29211