Nonprofit Corporation Articles of Amendment (South Carolina)
These are articles of amendment for a nonprofit corporation in South Carolina. The form provided here is simply a sample of what the actual Form NP 302 looks like.
STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA
SECRETARY OF STATE
ARTICLES OF AMENDMENT
TYPE OR PRINT CLEARLY WITH BLACK INK
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 33-31-1005 of the 1976 South Carolina Code of Laws, as amended, the applicant delivers to the Secretary of State these articles of amendment.
1. The name of the nonprofit corporation is
2. Date incorporated ________________________________
3. Specify (a) the text of every amendment adopted, and (b) list when each amendment was adopted.
4. [___] By checking this paragraph #4 the applicant represents that (a) approval of the amendment by the members was not required, (b) the amendment was approved by a sufficient vote of the board or directors or the incorporators. (Do not check this paragraph #4 if member vote was required or if the required vote of directors or incorporators was not obtained.)
5. If the approval of the members was required to adopt the amendment(s), provide the following information:
(a) Designation (Classes of Membership)
(b) Number of memberships outstanding
(c) Number of votes entitled to be cast by each class entitled to vote separately on the amendment
(d) Number of votes of each class indisputably voting on the amendment
(e) Complete one of the following as appropriate
(i) Total number of votes cast for and against the amendment by each class entitled to vote separately
(ii) Total number of undisputed votes cast for the amendment by each class which was sufficient for approval for that class
6. [___] By checking this paragraph #6 the applicant represents that approval of the amendment by some person or persons other than the members, the board, or the incorporators is required pursuant to Section 33-31-1030 of the 1976 South Carolina Code of Laws, as amended, and that the approval was obtained. (Do not mark paragraph #6 if either of these statements is not true.)
7. If the amendment provides for an exchange, reclassification, or cancellation of memberships, provisions for implementing the amendment must be set forth here if provisions are not contained in the amendment itself
8. [___] If this corporation is converting from either a public benefit or religious corporation into a mutual benefit corporation, mark this paragraph #8 which certifies that a notice, including a copy of the proposed amendment, was delivered to the South Carolina Attorney General at least twenty days before the consummation of the amendment.
Name of Corporation
Signature or Officer
Type or Print Name and Office
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING IN THIS FORM
1. Two copies of this form, the original and either a duplicate original or a conformed copy, must by filed.
2. If the space in this form is insufficient, please attach additional sheets containing a reference to the appropriate paragraph in this form, or prepare this using a computer disk which will allow for expansion of space on the form.
3. This form must be accompanied by the filing fee of $10.00 payable to the Secretary of State.
Return to: Secretary of State
P.O. Box 11350
Columbia, SC 29211