Joint Parenting Order (Illinois)
This form is the Joint Parenting Order, a supplement for legal separation in Illinois. The form provided here is simply a sample of what the actual form looks like.
STATE OF ILLINOIS
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE ___________ JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
) No. _______-____-_______
IN RE THE MARRIAGE OF: )
Joint Parenting Order
This cause having come up for hearing on the ________ day of ______, 20__, the parties agreeing to an Order for Joint Custody of the minor child(ren):
_______________________________ date of birth:________________________,
_______________________________ date of birth: _______________________,
_______________________________ date of birth ________________________,
_______________________________ date of birth: _______________________,
_______________________________ date of birth ________________________;
the Court being fully advised in the premises finds as follows:
1. That the Court has jurisdiction over the subject matter and parties in this matter;
2. That the parties are the natural parents of
3. That the residential circumstances of each party favors an award of joint custody;
4. The parties possess the ability to cooperate effectively and consistently with each other toward the best interest of the child(ren); and
5. The maximum involvement in cooperation of both parties regarding physical, mental, moral, and emotional well being of the child(ren) is/are in the best interest of the child(ren).
WHEREFORE IT IS ORDERED THAT:
A. Joint custody of the child(ren)
be awarded to the parties such that during the remainder of the child(ren)'s life before he/she reaches the age of majority, the parties shall have equal rights and responsibilities regarding the rearing and overall well being of the child(ren) regarding decision making on the issues of the child(ren)'s education, health care, and religious training.
B. Each party shall properly transmit to the other any information received concerning the child(ren)'s education, including but not limited to parent/teacher conferences, school club meetings, school programs, athletic schedules, and other school activities in which the child(ren) may be engaged or interested.
C. Each party shall advise all health care providers and school officials that the other is to have access to any records concerning the child(ren) that are in the possession of such professionals.
D. Each party shall properly inform the other of any serious illness or injury the child(ren) has/have which requires medical attention while the child(ren) is/are in that party's care.
E. Each party shall provide the other with any and all medication needed by the child(ren) while the child(ren) are with the other party.
F. Each party shall at all times conduct themselves in a manner which promotes the cooperation and involvement of the other parent on any matters which concern the medical and health care of the child(ren), keeping in mind that the cooperation and involvement of both parties on issues regarding medial and health care of the child(ren) is/are in the best interest of the child(ren).
G. The child(ren) shall reside with ________________ on a primary residential basis subject to ______________'s visitation with the minor child(ren) on the following days and times and holidays:
H. Each party shall provide transportation one-way for visitation.
I. The parties shall adhere to the following rules with respect to the custody and visitation with the minor child(ren)
1) Each party shall refrain from discussing the conduct of the other party in the presence of the child.
2) Under no circumstances shall the question of child support, either as to the amount, manner, or transmission of payment be raised in the presence of the child(ren);
3) Each party shall advise the other as soon as possible if he or she is unable to keep the planned visitation with the child(ren);
4) Both parties shall not unreasonably question the child regarding the activities of the other party.
5) Both parties shall at all times conduct themselves in a manner which promotes the beneficial effect of the minor child(ren)'s visitation with __________________________.
6) If any conflict arises between the parties as to any of the provisions of this Joint Custody Order or the implementation thereof; the complaining party shall first notify the other parent of the nature of the complaint and both parties shall make reasonable attempts to negotiate a settlement of the conflict. Whenever practical under the circumstances, the complaint shall be in written form and given or mailed to the other parent. The parent receiving the complaint shall, when practical, reply to the complaint in a similar manner. If the parties are unable to resolve their conflict within a reasonable period of time, the party seriously objecting to the plan of the other party shall be responsible for starting mediation proceedings. Mediation shall be by a psychiatrist, psychologist or other person trained in resolving family disputes. The costs of the mediation shall be divided equally. Either party can seek judicial resolution of the conflict if mediation does not result in a solution.
J. (___) That Defendant shall pay to Plaintiff, through the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court,
City of ________________________,
County of _________________, State of Illinois, as and for child support for the minor child/ren of the parties,
the sum of $_________ per month,
the first payment to be made on the _______ day of ____________, 20___,
and payable on the ______ of every month thereafter.
(___) That Defendant shall pay to the Department of Human Resources Fiscal Operations, P.O. Box 909, Springfield, Illinois 62701, through the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court,
City of ___________________,
County of _______________________, State of Illinois, as and for child support for the parties minor child/ren,
the sum of $________ per month
the first payment to be made on the _________ day of ________________, 20___,
and payable on the _____________ of every month thereafter; that upon proper notice to the Clerk of the Circuit Court from the Department of Human Resources that Plaintiff is no longer a recipient of assistance, Defendant shall make said payments to the Clerk for Plaintiff.
(___) That the question of child support shall be reserved for the future consideration of the Court.
K. Both parties shall retain his/her hospitalization insurance on the minor child(ren); if either party should have the option of obtaining hospitalization insurance on the minor child(ren), she/he shall be required to do so.
L. That the support obligations in Paragraphs J and K will expire on _______________ _______, 20___ unless otherwise modified.
M. The parties shall split 50/50 all unpaid medical bills, as well as insurance co-payments and insurance premiums.
ENTER: _________________________ JUDGE
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT THIS FORM
FORM: Joint Parenting Order (use only if seeking joint custody even if separate agreement exists between you and your spouse)
Introduction: First blank: Day of hearing.
Second blank: Month of hearing
Third blank: Year of hearing;
Remaining Blanks: List the name and birth date of each of the children of the marriage.
Paragraph 2: List the name(s) of the minor child(ren) of the marriage.
Paragraph A: List the name(s) of the minor child(ren) of the marriage.
Paragraph G: First blank: List the name of the parent with whom the child(ren) will primarily reside.
Second blank: List the name of the non-residential parent.
Third blank: List the days and times when the non-residential parent will have visitation with the children. Be as specific as possible.
Paragraph I: List the name of the non-residential parent.
Paragraph J: Check the appropriate box. You must check Box 2 if you are asking for child support and you are receiving benefits for your children from the Illinois Department of Human Resources
Box 1 and 2:
First blank: City in which the courthouse is located.
Second blank: County in which the courthouse is located.
Third blank: Amount of monthly support.
Fourth blank: Day of first payment. (A number goes here like 1st or 2nd, not Monday or Tuesday).
Fifth blank: Month of first payment.
Sixth blank: Year of first payment.
Seventh blank: Day of the month of all future payments. (A number goes here like 1st or 2nd, not Monday or Tuesday)
Paragraph L: List the date on which the youngest child of the marriage reaches the age of eighteen.
Paragraph N: List any separate agreements not mentioned in Paragraphs A-M.
Both parents must sign the Order above where it says Plaintiff or Defendant.
DO NOT FILL IN THE DATE OR THE SIGNATURE LINE FOR THE JUDGE.