Change of Agent (Connecticut)
This is a change of agent for a foreign limited liability company in Connecticut. The form provided here is simply a sample of what the actual Form LLC 407 looks like.
CHANGE OF AGENT
FOREIGN LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
Office of the Secretary of the State
30 Trinity Street / P.O. Box 150470 / Hartford, CT 06115-0470 / Rev. 12/1999
1. NAME OF LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY IN STATE OR COUNTRY OF FORMATION:
2. THE NAME UNDER WHICH THE LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY TRANSACTS BUSINESS IN CONNECTICUT, IF DIFFERENT FROM NAME STATED IN NUMBER 1 ABOVE:
3. STATE/COUNTRY OF FORMATION: __________________________
4. APPOINTMENT OF NEW REGISTERED AGENT FOR SERVICE OF PROCESS:
(Check A or complete B.)
A. ____ The limited liability company appoints the Secretary of the State of Connecticut and his successors in office to be its agent upon whom any process, in any action or proceeding against it, may be served.
B. Print or type name of agent ____________________
Business address: (P.O. Box is unacceptable)
Residence address: (P.O. Box is unacceptable)
Acceptance of Appointment
Signature of Agent
Dated this ______________ day of _________________, 20______.
Print or type name of signatory
Capacity of signatory
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT THIS FORM
1. NAME OF LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY IN STATE OR COUNTRY OF FORMATION: Please provide the complete name of the limited liability company.
2. THE NAME UNDER WHICH LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY SHALL TRANSACT BUSINESS IN CONNECTICUT: Provide the complete name under which the limited liability company transacts business in Connecticut as it currently appears on the records of the Secretary of the State if other than the name stated in item number 1.
3. STATE/COUNTRY OF FORMATION: Please provide the limited liability company's state or country of formation.
4. APPOINTMENT OF NEW STATUTORY AGENT: A LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY MAY NOT BE ITS OWN AGENT. The limited liability company may appoint either the Secretary of the State by placing a check next to selection A or a natural person who is a resident of Connecticut, a Connecticut corporation, a foreign corporation which has obtained a certificate of authority to transact business in Connecticut, a Connecticut limited liability company or a foreign limited liability company which is registered to transact business in this state by completing selection B. If the agent is a natural person, such person must provide the complete street address of his or her business and residence. If the agent is a corporation or limited liability company, it must provide the address of its principal office in the block provided for "Business address" and the person signing on its behalf must include his or her title on the signature line. The agent must sign accepting the appointment.
5. EXECUTION: The document must be executed by an authorized official of the limited liability company. That person must print or type their name, state the capacity under which they sign and provide an original signature. The execution constitutes a legal statement under the penalties of false statement that the information provided in the document is true.