Articles of Incorporation (North Carolina)
This form is for Articles of Incorporation in North Carolina. The form provided here is simply a sample of what the actual Form B-01 looks like.
State of North Carolina
Department of the Secretary of State
P. O. BOX 29622
RALEIGH, NC 27626-0622
ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
Pursuant to §55-2-02 of the General Statutes of North Carolina, the undersigned does hereby submit these Articles of Incorporation for the purpose of forming a business corporation.
1. The name of the corporation is: ___________________________________
2. The number of shares the corporation is authorized to issue is:
These shares shall be: (check either a or b)
a. ___ all of one class, designated as common stock; or
b. ___ divided into classes or series within a class as provided in the attached schedule, with the information required by N.C.G.S. Section 55-6-01.
3. The street address and county of the initial registered office of the corporation is:
Number and Street ____________________________________________
City, State, Zip Code _____________________________________________
4. The mailing address if different from the street address of the initial registered office is:
5. The name of the initial registered agent is: _______________________
6. Any other provisions, which the corporation elects to include, are attached.
7. The name and address of each incorporator is as follows:
8. These articles will be effective upon filing, unless a date and/or time is specified:
This the ______ day of ___________, 20______
Type or Print Name and Title
1. Filing fee is $125. This document and one exact or conformed copy of these articles must be filed with the Secretary of State.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT THIS FORM
Item 1 Enter the complete corporate name which must include a corporate ending required by N.C.G.S. §55-4-01(a) (corporation, company, limited, incorporated, corp., co., ltd., or inc.).
Item 2 Enter the number of shares the corporation will have the authority to issue.
Check (a) or (b), whichever is applicable. If (b) is checked, add an attachment that includes the description of the designations, preferences, limitations, and relative rights of the shares.
Item 3 Enter the complete street address of the registered office and the county in which it is located.
Item 4 Enter the complete mailing address of the registered agent only if mail is not delivered to the street address stated in Item 3 or if you prefer to receive mail at a P. O. Box or Drawer.
Item 5 Enter the name of the registered agent. The registered agent must be either a North Carolina resident at least 18 years old, an existing business or non-profit corporation, or a foreign business or non-profit corporation authorized to transact business or conduct affairs in North Carolina.
Item 6 See form.
Item 7 Enter the name and address of each incorporator. Only one incorporator is required in order to file.
Item 8 The document will be effective on the date and at the time of filing, unless a delayed date or an effective time (on the day of filing) is specified. If a delayed effective date is specified without a time, the document will be effective at 11:59:59 p.m. on the day specified. If a delayed effective date is specified with a time, the document will be effective on the day and time so specified. A delayed effective date may be specified up to and including the 90th day after the day of filing.
Date and Execution
Enter the date the document was executed.
In the blanks provided enter:
• The name of the entity executing the Articles of Incorporation; if an individual, leave blank.
• The signature of the incorporator or representative of the incorporating entity.
• The name of the incorporator or name and title of the above-signed representative
ATTENTION: Corporations wishing to render a professional service as defined in N.C.G.S. §55b-2(6) shall contact the appropriate North Carolina licensing board to determine whether compliance with additional licensing requirements may be mandated by law.