Articles of Amendment (North Carolina)
These are articles of amendment for a nonprofit corporation in North Carolina. The form provided here is simply a sample of what the actual Form N-02 looks like.
Revised January 2000 Form N-02
CORPORATIONS DIVISION P. O. BOX 29622 RALEIGH, NC 27626-0622
State of North Carolina
Department of the Secretary of State
ARTICLES OF AMENDMENT
Pursuant to §55A-10-05 of the General Statutes of North Carolina, the undersigned corporation hereby submits the following Articles of Amendment for the purpose of amending its Articles of Incorporation.
1. The name of the corporation is: _____________________________
2. The text of each amendment adopted is as follows (state below or attach):
3. The date of adoption of each amendment was as follows:
4. (Check a, b, and/or c, as applicable)
a. _____ The amendment(s) was (were) approved by a sufficient vote of the board of directors or incorporators, and member approval was not required because (set forth a brief explanation of why member approval was not required)
b. _____ The amendment(s) was (were) approved by the members as required by Chapter 55A.
c. _____ Approval of the amendment(s) by some person or persons other than the members, the board, or the incorporators was required pursuant to N.C.G.S. §55A-10-30, and such approval was obtained.
5. These articles will be effective upon filing, unless a date and/or time is specified:
This the ______ day of ___________________ , 20_____
Name of Corporation
Type or Print Name and Title
1. Filing fee is $25. This document and one exact or conformed copy of these articles must be filed with the Secretary of State.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT THIS FORM
Item 1 Enter the complete corporate name exactly as it appears in the records of the Secretary of State.
Item 2 See form.
Item 3 Enter the date(s) the amendment(s) was (were) adopted.
Item 4 Select the appropriate method(s) of adoption for the amendment(s) from those listed and complete.
Item 5 The document will be effective on the date and time of filing, unless a delayed date or an effective time (on the day of filing) is specified. If a delayed effective date is specified without a time it will be effective at 11:59:59 p.m. Raleigh, North Carolina time on the day specified. If a delayed effective date is specified with a time, the document will be effective on the day and at the time specified. A delayed effective date may be specified up to and including the 90th day after the day of filing.
Date and Execution
Enter the date the document was executed.
In the blanks provided enter:
· The name of the corporation as it appears in Item 1.
· The signature of the representative of the corporation executing the document (may be the presiding officer of the board of directors or any officer of the corporation).
· The name and title of the above-signed representative.