Application To Reserve a Corporate Name (North Carolina)
This form is to register a 10-year reservation for a corporate name in North Carolina. The form provided here is simply a sample of what the actual Form BN-14 looks like.
State of North Carolina
Department of the Secretary of State
P. O. BOX 29622
RALEIGH, NC 27626-
APPLICATION TO RESERVE A CORPORATE NAME
Pursuant to §55-4-02(c) or §55A-4-02(c) of the General Statutes of North Carolina, the undersigned hereby applies to the Secretary of State to reserve the following corporate name:
1. The corporate name to be reserved is: ____________________________
2. The name of the applicant is: _____________________________
3. The address of the applicant is:
Street Address _____________________________________________
Zip Code _____________________________________________
4. The applicant has acquired the goodwill of a domestic corporation or of a foreign corporation authorized to transact business in the State of North Carolina. (Satisfactory evidence of the acquisition of the goodwill of such corporation must be furnished to the Secretary of State along with this Application.)
a. The name of the corporation whose goodwill was acquired
b. State of incorporation: _________________________________
5. The above corporate name is to be reserved for a period of 10 years from the date of the filing of this application.
This the _______ day of __________________, 20______.
Type or Print Name and Title
1. Filing fee is $10. This document and one exact copy of this application must be filed with the Secretary of State.
2. This form may only be used by a person that has acquired the goodwill of a domestic or foreign corporation authorized to transact business in the State of North Carolina.