Application To Register A Corporate Name By A Foreign Corporation (North Carolina)
This form is for a foreign corporation to register a corporate name in North Carolina. The form provided here is simply a sample of what the actual Form BN-13 looks like.
State of North Carolina
Department of the Secretary of State
P. O. BOX 29622
RALEIGH, NC 27626-
APPLICATION TO REGISTER A CORPORATE NAME BY A FOREIGN CORPORATION
Pursuant to §55-4-03 or §55A-4-03 of the General Statutes of North Carolina, the undersigned foreign corporation hereby applies to the Secretary of State to register the following corporate name:
THIS IS [___] AN INITIAL OR [___] A RENEWAL APPLICATION*
1. The corporate name to be registered is: _________________________
2. The applicant corporation was incorporated under the laws of
on the ________ day of ________________, 20__________.
3. The business or activity in which the corporation is engaged is:
4. This application is accompanied by a certificate of existence (or a document of similar import) duly authenticated by the secretary of state or other official having custody of corporate records in the state or country of incorporation.
This the _________, day of ________________, 20_________.
Name of Corporation
Type or Print Name and Title
1. Filing fee is $10.00. One executed original and one exact or conformed copy of this application must be filed with the Secretary of State.
2. If N.C.G.S. §55-15-06 or §55a-15-06 requires an addition to the corporate name, the applicant must set forth its corporate name with such addition.
* An initial registration is effective upon the date of filing of the initial application for registration and until the end of the calendar year in which it became effective. A renewal of registration must be filed between October 1 and December 31 in order to renew the registration for the following calendar year.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT THIS FORM
Check the appropriate blank for an initial or renewal application.
Item 1 Enter the complete corporate name to be registered exactly as it appears on the Certificate of Existence.
Item 2 Enter the name of the state or country of organization and the date of incorporation.
Item 3 Enter the type of business or activity in which the corporation is engaged.
Item 4 See form
Date and Execution
Enter the date the document was executed.
In the blanks provided enter:
· The name of the corporation registering the name.
· The signature of the representative of the corporation (may be chairman or presiding officer of the board of directors or any officer of the corporation).
· The name and title of the above-signed representative.