Application for Reservation of Name (New York)
This is to reserve a corporation name in New York. The form provided here is simply a sample of what the actual Form DOS234 looks like.
NYS Department of State
DIVISION OF CORPORATIONS, STATE RECORDS and UCC
41 State Street
Albany, NY 12231-0001
Application for Reservation of Name
Under §303 of the Business Corporation Law
PLEASE TYPE OR PRINT
APPLICANT'S NAME __________________________
NAME TO BE RESERVED __________________________
RESERVATION IS INTENDED FOR (CHECK ONE)
____ New domestic corporation
____ Foreign corporation intending to apply for authority to do business in New York State*
____ Proposed foreign corporation, not yet incorporated, intending to apply for authority to conduct business in New York State
____ Change of name of an existing domestic or an authorized foreign corporation*
____ Foreign corporation intending to apply for authority to do business in New York State whose corporate name is not available for use in New York State*
____ Authorized foreign corporation intending to change its fictitious name under which it does business in this state*
____ Authorized foreign corporation which has changed its corporate name in its jurisdiction, such new corporate name not being available for use in New York State*
Signature of applicant, applicant's attorney or agent (If attorney or agent, so specify)
Typed/printed name of signer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT THIS FORM
1. Upon filing this application, the name will be reserved for 60 days and a certificate of reservation will be issued.
2. The certificate of reservation must be returned with and attached to the certificate of incorporation or application for authority, amendment or with a cancellation of the reservation.
3. The name used must be the same as appears in the reservation.
4. A $20 fee payable to the Department of State must accompany this application.
5. Only names for business, transportation, cooperative and railroad corporations may be reserved under §303 of the Business Corporation Law.
*If the reservation is for an existing corporation, domestic or foreign, the corporation must be the applicant.