Application For Reservation of Name (Connecticut)
This is an application for reservation of a domestic or foreign name in Connecticut. The form provided here is simply a sample of what the actual Form SOS 001 looks like.
APPLICATION FOR RESERVATION OF NAME FOR DOMESTIC OR FOREIGN
STOCK & NON-STOCK CORP, LLC, LP, LLP & STATUTORY TRUST
Office of the Secretary of the State
30 Trinity Street / P.O. Box 150470 / Hartford, CT 06115-0470 / Rev. 12/l 999
Space For Office Use Only
The undersigned hereby applies for reservation of the following name:
1. NAME: ______________________
(See instructions for appropriate business/entity designation)
2. NAME OF APPLICANT: ______________________
3. ADDRESS OF APPLICANT: (Complete address required.)
Street name ______________________
Zip code ______________________
SIGNATURE OF APPLICANT (and title if applicable)
The reservation will be effective for a period of 120 days following filing.
Please type or print all information other than the signature.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT THIS FORM
Filing Fee: $30
Instructions correspond with numbered entries on the form
1. NAME: Please provide the name which you intend to reserve. You may reserve for exclusive use the name of one of the following types of business organizations or entities: A corporation (stock & non-stock), limited liability company, limited partnership, limited liability partnership or statutory trust. The name which you reserve must contain the appropriate statutory designation which denotes the type of entity or organization for which the name is intended to be used. Choose a statutory designation from the selection below according to organization type and include it within the name as it appears in block 1 on the form.
The name of a corporation must contain one of the following designations: corporation, incorporated, company, Societa per Azioni, limited or the abbreviations carp., inc., co., S.p.A. or ltd.
LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY DESIGNATIONS
The name of a limited liability company must contain one of the following designations: Limited Liability Company, L.L.C., LLC, Limited Liability Co., Ltd. Liability Company or Ltd. Liability Co.
LIMITED PARTNERSHIP DESIGNATIONS
The name of a Limited Partnership must contain, without abbreviation; the words limited partnership.
LIMITED LIABILITY PARTNERSHIP DESIGNATIONS
The name of a limited liability partnership must contain one of the following designations: Registered Limited Liability Partnership, Limited Liability Partnership, L.L.P., or LLP as its last words or letters.
STATUTORY TRUST DESIGNATION
The name of a statutory trust must contain one of the following designations: Statutory Trust, Limited Liability Trust, Limited, LLT, L.L.T., or Ltd.
2. NAME OF APPLICANT: Please print or type the name of the applicant.
3. ADDRESS OF APPLICANT: Please provide the street address of the applicant including street number, street name, city, state and postal code. P.O. box is not acceptable.
4. EXECUTION: Please print or type the complete legal name of the signatory, title (if signing on behalf of an entity) and signature. Note that the execution constitutes a statement made under the penalties of false statement that the information provided in the document is true.