Application for Registration (Connecticut)
This is an application for registration for a foreign limited liability company in Connecticut. The form provided here is simply a sample of what the actual Form LLC 404 looks like.
APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION
FOREIGN LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
Office of the Secretary of the State
30 Trinity Street / Hartford, CT 06106 / Rev. 6/2000
I. NAME OF LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY IN STATE OR COUNTRY OF FORMATION:
2. THE NAME UNDER WHICH THE LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY WILL TRANSACT BUSINESS IN CONNECTICUT, IF DIFFERENT FROM NAME STATED ABOVE:
3. STATE/COUNTRY OF FORMATION: __________________________
4. DATE OF FORMATION: __________________________
5. DATE LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY BEGAN TRANSACTING BUSINESS IN CONNECTICUT:
__________________ Month _______________ Day _________ Year
6. ADDRESS REQUIRED TO BE MAINTAINED IN PLACE OF FORMATION OR, IF NOT REQUIRED, THE PRINCIPAL OFFICE ADDRESS OF THE LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY:
7. THE CHARACTER OF BUSINESS TO BE TRANSACTED IN CONNECTICUT:
8. APPOINTMENT OF REGISTERED AGENT FOR SERVICE OF PROCESS:
(Check A or complete B.)
A. ____ The limited liability company appoints the Secretary of the State of Connecticut and his successors in office to be its agent upon whom any process, in any action or proceeding against it, may be served.
B. Print or type name of agent __________________________
Business address: (P.O. Box is unacceptable)
Residence address: (P.O. Box is unacceptable)
Acceptance of Appointment
Signature of Agent
Dated this ______________ day of __________________ 20_______.
The undersigned asserts that the subject limited liability company is a foreign limited liability company as defined in Conn. Gen. Stat. Section 34-lOl(7).
Print or type name of signatory
Capacity of Signatory
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT THIS FORM
1. NAME OF LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY IN STATE OR COUNTRY OF FORMATION: Please provide the name of the limited liability company.
2. THE NAME UNDER WHICH LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY SHALL TRANSACT BUSINESS IN CONNECTICUT: If the limited liability company shall transact business in Connecticut under a name other than its name in its state of formation, set forth such name in the space provided. The name must be distinguishable from all other business names of record in the Office of the Secretary of the State and contain an appropriate limited liability company designation such as LLC.
3. STATE/COUNTRY OF FORMATION: Please provide the limited liability company's state or country of formation.
4. DATE OF FORMATION: Please provide the date upon which the limited liability company was formed in its state or country of incorporation. The date must include a month, day and year.
5. DATE LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY BEGAN TRANSACTION BUSINESS IN CONNECTICUT: Please provide the exact month, day and year upon which the limited liability company began transacting business in Connecticut. If the limited liability company has not yet commenced transacting business in Connecticut, please make a statement to that effect.
6. OFFICE ADDRESS OF THE LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY: Please provide a complete street address of the of the office address required to be maintained in the state or county of the limited liability company's formation or, if not so required its principal office address including a street number, street name, city, state, postal code and country if other than the United States. Note that P.O. boxes are only acceptable as additional information.
7. CHARACTER OF BUSINESS TO BE TRANSACTED IN CONNECTICUT: Please provide a description of the business which the limited liability company will transact in Connecticut.
8. APPOINTMENT OF NEW STATUTORY AGENT: The limited liability company may appoint either the Secretary of the State by placing a check next to selection A or a natural person who is a resident of Connecticut, a Connecticut corporation, a foreign corporation which has obtained a certificate of authority to transact business in Connecticut, a Connecticut limited liability company or a foreign limited liability company which is registered to transact business in this state by completing selection B. A limited liability company may not be its own agent. If the agent is a natural person, such person must provide the complete street address of his or her business and residence. If the agent is a corporation or limited liability company, it must provide the address of its principal office in the block provided for "Business address" and the person signing on its behalf must include his or her title on the signature line. The agent must sign accepting the appointment.
9. EXECUTION: The document must be executed by an authorized official of the limited liability company. That person must print or type their name, state the capacity under which they sign and provide an original signature. The execution constitutes a legal statement under the penalties of false statement that the information provided in the document is true.
SECRETARY OF THE STATE
30 TRINITY STREET
POST OFFICE BOX 150470
HARTFORD, CT 06115-0470
APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
FOREIGN LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
A foreign limited liability company desiring to transact business in Connecticut may obtain a Certificate of Registration by filing an application for Certificate of Registration with a filing fee of $60.00, which includes the Appointment of the Statutory Agent for Service of Process. Please note: Filing fees are subject to change.
Pursuant to Corm. Gen. Stat. Section 34-227, the name of a foreign limited liability company filing an application for a certificate of registration must contain a word or words which designate itself as a limited liability company, even if the laws of the state of organization may not require such word or words of limited liability company designation. If specific words, not accepted as designations of limited liability companies in Connecticut, are regarded as limited liability company designations in the state of organization, the filing should be accompanied by either a legal opinion or a copy of the relevant state statute evidencing that fact. Documents submitted in any language other than English require an English translation. FAILURE TO PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN THE REJECTION OF THE DOCUMENT.
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO THE SECRETARY OF THE STATE