Application for Certificate of Withdrawal (North Carolina)
This form is a certificate of withdrawal of a foreign corporation from North Carolina. The form provided here is simply a sample of what the actual Form BN-08 looks like.
State of North Carolina
Department of the Secretary of State
P. O. BOX 29622
RALEIGH, NC 27626-0622
APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATE OF WITHDRAWAL
Pursuant to §55-15-20 or §55A-15-20 of the General Statutes of North Carolina, the undersigned corporation hereby applies to the Secretary of State for a Certificate of Withdrawal and for that purpose submits the following statement.
1. The name of the foreign corporation is: __________________________
2. The corporation is organized under the laws of: ___________________________________
3. The corporation is not transacting business or conducting affairs in the State of North Carolina and surrenders its authority to transact business or conduct affairs in this State.
4. The corporation revokes the authority of its registered agent to accept service of process and consents that service of process in any action or proceeding based upon any cause of action arising in the State of North Carolina, or arising out of business transacted or affairs conducted in North Carolina, during the time the corporation was authorized to transact business or conduct affairs in North Carolina may hereafter be made on such corporation by service thereof on the Secretary of State.
5. The mailing address to which the Secretary of State may mail a copy of any process served on the Secretary of State pursuant to the paragraph above is:
Zip Code ___________________________________
6. The corporation hereby agrees to file a statement of any subsequent change in its mailing address with the Secretary of State.
7. This application will be effective upon filing, unless a date and/or time is specified: ___________________________________
This the ______day of ___________________ , 20______
____________________________________ Name of Corporation
____________________________________ Type or Print Name and Title
1. Filing fee is $25. This application must be filed with the Secretary of State.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT THIS FORM
Item 1 Enter the complete name of the corporation exactly as it appears on the Certificate of Authority.
Item 2 Enter the state or country of organization
Item 3 See Form.
Item 4 See Form.
Item 5 Enter the complete address to which the Secretary of State may send a copy of any process served pursuant to the paragraph above.
Item 6 See Form.
Item 7 The document will be effective on the date and at the time of filing, unless a delayed date or an effective time (on the day of filing) is specified. If a delayed effective date is specified without a time, the document will be effective at 11:59:59 p.m. on the day specified. If a delayed effective date is specified with a time, the document will be effective on the day and at the time specified. A delayed effective date may be specified up to and including the 90th day after the day of filing.
Date and Execution
Enter the date the document was executed.
In the blanks provided enter:
♦ The name of the corporation as it appears in Item 1.
♦ The signature of the representative of the corporation executing the document (may be the chairman or presiding officer of the board of directors or any officer of the corporation).
♦ The name and title of the above-signed representative.