Application for Authority to Conduct Affairs in Arizona
This form is authority for a foreign profit or nonprofit corporation to conduct affairs in Arizona. The form provided here is simply a sample of what the actual Form CF0061 looks like.
Arizona Corporation Commission
1300 W. Washington
Phoenix, AZ 85007
400 W. Congress
Tucson, AZ 85701
APPLICATION FOR AUTHORITY
TO CONDUCT AFFAIRS IN ARIZONA
The name of the corporation is: ________________________________.
A(n) _________________________________ (State, Province or Country) Nonprofit Corporation.
____ We are a foreign corporation applying for authority to conduct affairs in the state of Arizona.
____ We are a foreign corporation currently authorized to conduct affairs in Arizona and must now file this Application for New Authority pursuant to A.R.S. § 10-31504 because we have changed the following in our domicile jurisdiction:
____ Our actual corporate name (or the name under which we originally obtained authority in Arizona).
____ The period of our duration.
____ The state, province or country of our incorporation.
1. If you are the holder or assignee of a trade name or trademark, attach Declaration of Trade name Holder form. If your name is not available for use in Arizona, you must adopt a fictitious name and provide a resolution adopting the name, which must be certified by the corporation's Secretary.
The exact name of the foreign corporation is:
If the exact name of the foreign corporation is not available for use in this state, then the fictitious name adopted for use by the corporation in Arizona is:
2. The name of the state, province or country in which the foreign corporation is incorporated is:
3. You must provide the total duration in years for which your corporation was formed to endure. If perpetual succession, so indicate in this section. Do not leave blank, or state not applicable.
The foreign corporation was incorporated on
the ____ day of _____________________, ______
and the period of its duration is: ______________________________.
4. The street address of the principal office of the foreign corporation in the state, province or country of its incorporation is:
5. The statutory agent must provide both a physical and mailing address. If statutory agent has P.O. Box, then they must also provide a physical description of their street address/location.
The name and street address of the statutory agent for the foreign corporation in Arizona is:
5.a. The street address of the known place of business of the foreign corporation in Arizona IF DIFFERENT from the street address of the statutory agent is:
5.b. Indicate to which address the Annual Report should be mailed.
The Annual Report and general correspondence should be mailed to the address specified above in section 4______ or 5a________.
6. If the purpose of your corporation has any limitations with regard to this section, so indicate. If none state no limitations, or leave blank.
The purpose of the corporation is to engage in any and all lawful affairs in which corporations may engage in the state, province or country under whose law the foreign corporation is incorporated, with the following limitations if any:
7. The names and usual business addresses of the current directors and officers of the foreign corporation are: (Attach additional sheets if necessary.)
8. The Application must indicate if the corporation does or does not have members.
(Check One) The corporation ____ does ____ does not have members.
9. The character of business the foreign corporation initially intends to conduct in Arizona is:
DATED this ________ day of ______________________, ______.
[Name of Corporation]
Duly Authorized Officer or Director
ACCEPTANCE OF APPOINTMENT BY STATUTORY AGENT
The undersigned hereby acknowledges and accepts the appointment as statutory agent of this corporation effective
this _________day of _________________________, ______.
The Application must be accompanied by the following: A Certificate of Disclosure, executed by a duly authorized officer within 30 days of delivery to the Commission. A certified copy of your articles of incorporation, all amendments and mergers (AZ Const. Art. XIV, §8) and a certificate of existence or document of similar import duly authenticated (within 60 days) by the official having custody of corporate records in the state, province or country under whose laws the corporation is incorporated. The agent may consent to the appointment by either executing the consent, attaching a cover letter, or if paying by check, executing the check.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT THIS FORM
FOREIGN BUSINESS OR NONPROFIT CORPORATION FILING CHECKLIST
• Check name for availability -(602)542-3230.
• Attach copy of Trade name Certificate, Assignment of Trade name, if applicable, or attach a completed Declaration of Trade name Holder.
• Attach resolution adopting fictitious name. Must be approved by the board of directors and signed by the secretary.
Certificate of Disclosure
• Check Box A or B. If B, attach required information.
• Check part C, Yes or No. If yes, attach required information.
• Affix signature(s) of duly authorized officer (Business), president and secretary or vice president and assistant secretary (nonprofit). Must be dated within 30 days of delivery to the Commission.
Application for Authority
• Indicate an original application for authority.
• Indicate exact corporation name.
• Indicate fictitious name adopted for use in Arizona, if the exact name is not available.
• Indicate the state, province or country in which the corporation is incorporated.
• Indicate the date of incorporation and the duration.
• Indicate the address of the principal office in the state, province or country of incorporation.
• Indicate the name and address of the statutory agent in Arizona. The statutory agent must provide both a physical and mailing address. If statutory agent has a P.O. Box, then they must also provide a physical description of their street address/location.
• Indicate the street address of the known place of business in Arizona. May be in care of the address of the statutory agent.
• Indicate the limitations of purpose if applicable.
• Indicate the name(s) and business address(es) of the current directors and officers.
• Indicate number of shares of stock corporation is authorized to issue. (Business).
• Indicate the aggregate number of shares issued. (Business).
• Briefly indicate the business the corporation plans to conduct.
• Indicate whether the corporation has or does not have members (Nonprofit only)
• Affix signature of statutory agent (acknowledge acceptance).
• Attach check for filing fee. $175.00 Additional $35.00 for expedited services. Made Payable to the Arizona Corporation Commission.
• Execute check.
• Attach a copy of the Articles of Incorporation, and any amendments to the Articles, duly authenticated (certified within 60 days) by the official having custody of the records in the state, province or country of incorporation.
• Attach a Certificate of Existence or Good Standing, authenticated within 60 days by the official having custody of the records in the state, province or country of incorporation.
• You must publish a copy of your Application for Authority in a newspaper of general circulation in the county of the known place of business in Arizona, for three (3) consecutive publications. Do not publish until documents have been approved.
• File Affidavit of Publication with the ACC.