Certificate of Dissolution (Connecticut)
This is a certificate of dissolution of a stock corporation in Connecticut. The form provided here is simply a sample of what the actual Form SC 102 looks like.
CERTIFICATE OF DISSOLUTION
Office of the Secretary of the State
30 Trinity Street / P.O. Box 150470 / Hartford, CT 06115-0470 /Rev 12/1999
Please see reverse for instruction.
Space For Office Use Only
1. NAME OF CORPORATION: ___________________________
2. DATE ON WHICH DISSOLUTION WAS AUTHORIZED:
3. Complete Block (A) if Dissolution was authorized by incorporators or initial directors or block (B) if Dissolution was authorized by directors and shareholders.
(A) Place a check mark next to either 1 or 2 as appropriate:
____ 1. None of the corporation's shares have been issued
____ 2. The corporation has not commenced business
The undersigned makes the following assertions in connection with the selection made under section (A) of this form: that no debt of the corporation remains unpaid; that if shares were issued, the net assets of the corporation remaining alter winding up have been distributed to the shareholders; and that a majority of the incorporators or initial directors authorized the dissolution.
(B) The dissolution was approved by resolution of the board of directors and authorized by shareholders as follows:
Number of votes entitled to be cast ___________________________
Number of votes cast in favor of dissolution ___________________
Number of votes cast against dissolution ___________________
(Note: If voting by voting groups was required, please provide the above voting information for each group)
CHECK THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IF APPLICABLE
____ The number of shareholder votes cast in favor of dissolution was sufficient for approval.
Dated this ____________________ day of ____________, 20_____.
Print or type name of signatory ___________________________
Capacity of signatory ___________________________
NOTE: A corporation may only revoke its dissolution within 120 days following the effective date of such dissolution.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT THIS FORM
Instructions correspond with numbered entries on the form
1. NAME OF CORPORATION: Please provide the complete name of the corporation as it currently appears on the records of the Secretary of the State.
2. DATE DISSOLUTION WAS AUTHORIZED: Please provide the month, day and year on which the directors/shareholders/incorporators authorized the dissolution of the corporation.
3. COMPLETE APPROPRIATE BLOCK (A) OR (B):
(A) Place a check mark next to 1 or 2 in block (A) if the dissolution was authorized by a majority of the corporation's initial directors or incorporators.
(B) If the dissolution was authorized by resolution of the corporation's board of directors and approved by its shareholders, provide either the number of shareholder votes entitled to be cast, the number of shareholder votes cast in favor of the dissolution and the number of shareholder votes cast against the dissolution or the number of shareholder votes entitled to be cast and the number of shareholder votes cast in favor of dissolution along with a check mark next to the statement that the number of shareholder votes cast in favor of dissolution was sufficient for approval. Note: if shareholders were entitled to vote separately by class, each class must be designated separately along with the required vote information for each.
4. EXECUTION: The document must be executed by an authorized official of the corporation. That person must print or type their name, state the capacity under which they sign and provide signature. The execution constitutes a legal statement under the penalties of false statement that the information provided in the document is true.
A CORPORATION MAY ONLY REVOKE ITS DISSOLUTION WITHIN 120 DAYS FOLLOWING THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF SUCH DISSOLUTION.