Articles of Organization (Connecticut)
These are articles of organization for a domestic limited liability company in Connecticut. The form provided here is simply a sample of what the actual Form LLC 400 looks like
ARTICLES OF ORGANIZATION
Domestic Limited Liability Company
Office of the Secretary of the State
30 Trinity Street / P.O. Box 150470 / Hartford, CT 06115-0470 / Rev. 12/1999
1. NAME OF THE LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY:
2. NATURE OF BUSINESS TO BE TRANSACTED OR THE PURPOSES TO BE PROMOTED OR CARRIED OUT:
3. PRINCIPAL OFFICE ADDRESS: (Provide complete address. See instructions for further details.)
4. APPOINTMENT OF STATUTORY AGENT FOR SERVICE OF PROCESS:
Name of agent: __________________________________
Business address: (P.O. Box is not acceptable)
Residence address: (P.O. Box is not acceptable)
Acceptance of appointment
Signature of agent
(Place a check mark next to the following statement only if it applies)
_____The management of the limited liability company shall be vested in one or more managers.
Print or type name of organizer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT THIS FORM
Instructions correspond with numbered entries on the form
1. NAME OF LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY: Please provide the name of the limited liability company. The name must include the business designation, i.e., "Limited Liability Company", "LLC", "L.L.C.", "Limited Liability Co.", "Ltd. Liability Company", or "Ltd. Liability Co.".
2. NATURE OF BUSINESS: Provide a description of the business, which the limited liability company will conduct. Note that it is sufficient to state that the purpose of the Limited Liability Company is to engage in any lawful act or activity for which a limited liability company may be formed under the Connecticut Limited Liability Company Act.
3. PRINCIPAL OFFICE: Provide the complete address of the Limited Liability Company's principal office in this state. Include street number, street, city, state and postal code. A P.O. Box is acceptable only if provided as additional information.
4. APPOINTMENT OF STATUTORY AGENT FOR SERVICE OF PROCESS: Please provide the name of a statutory agent who agrees to receive any process notice or demand served upon the limited liability company. The agent may be a natural person who is a resident of Connecticut, a Connecticut corporation or a foreign corporation which has obtained a certificate of authority to transact business in Connecticut, a Connecticut limited liability company, or a foreign limited liability company which is registered to transact business in this state. A limited liability company may not be its own agent. If the agent is a natural person, such person must provide the complete street address of his or her business and residence. If the agent is a corporation, it must provide the address of its principal office in the block designated for "Business address" and the person signing on its behalf must include his or her title on the signature line. The agent must sign accepting the appointment.
5. MANAGEMENT: Select the statement provided regarding the management of the limited liability company by placing a check before it only if the limited liability company is to be managed by one or more managers. If the Limited Liability Company is to be managed by its members, leave the underlined space blank.
6. EXECUTION: The organizer must print or type his or her full legal name and provide an original signature. Note that the execution constitutes a statement made under the penalties of false statement that the information provided in the document is true.
SECRETARY OF THE STATE
30 TRINITY STREET
POST OFFICE BOX 150470
HARTFORD, CT 06115-0470
ORGANIZATION OF A DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
We are pleased to enclose an article of organization form, which may be completed and filed by the organizer(s) of a Connecticut limited liability company. The fee for filing the articles of organization is $60.00. Before filing the form described above, you may reserve the name you wish for your limited liability company*. It is advisable to wait for confirmation of the name reservation's filing prior to filing articles of organization.
Please be aware that, as of October 1, 1994, the person who executes a limited liability company's articles of organization must have the capacity of ORGANIZER. See Conn. Gen. Stat. Section 34-109(a)(2).
If a certified copy is desired, there is a charge of $25.00 for each document. To obtain a plain copy, the fee is $20.00 for each document. Copy fees are paid in addition to the $60.00 mentioned above.
The forms described above encompass only the bare essentials of the organization of a limited liability company in Connecticut. Please note that this office is unable to provide advice as to the completion of these forms or any other matters incidental to organization. Since there are many other considerations to take into account when organizing such a business, we recommend that an attorney and/or other competent advisors be consulted.
* The fee to reserve the name for 120 days is $30.00.
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO THE SECRETARY OF THE STATE